- This event has passed.
Advanced Doula Training: Fall 2016
1 Sep 2016 - 17 Nov 2016$1500
Every Thursday, Sept 1 – Nov 17, 2016 . This training is perfect for a new doula looking to accelerate her doula career, helping her gain valuable insight and confidence as she builds her business. In addition, experienced doulas are welcome to attend any number of individual classes they may be interested in.
Enhance your doula career and charge top dollar with a 12-week course for $1,500.
- 6-month listing on Birth Learning website and paid client referrals ($500 each)
- 36 hours of instruction from some of Utah’s most experienced doulas
- Opportunity to shadow a seasoned doula through an entire client experience
- One-year membership to Utah Doula Association ($40 value)
- Baby and pelvis model ($88 value)
- Client tracking forms
- Weekly case studies
- 3 hours of breastfeeding education from an IBCLC
- Option to obtain accredited certification as an Advanced Doula through Midwives College of Utah
When I first heard about the new Advanced Doula Training I ran home to my husband and begged for him to let me do it. He was hesitant and I understood why but I knew deep down that this could benefit me so much. I had been a doula for about 7 months when we started but wasn’t getting many clients. I still got super nervous going to interviews and was not sure if my time spent with clients during prenatal visits was as beneficial for them as it could be. I enjoyed my time during the DONA training but still left feeling clueless about a lot of things. I hoped that this course would change all of that.
He agreed for me to sign up and I couldn’t wait to get started. At the end of the training I cried on my way home because I had developed some great relationships and I didn’t want to stop learning. The knowledge I gained from these beautiful ladies is incredible and I truly can tell you that I benefited from every single hour of every week. I would highly recommend this class. I asked my husband after I finished if he was happy with the investment and he said he was so happy and he could tell how much more confident and comfortable I was with being a doula. We learned everything how to handle ourselves in an interview, build a business, different things to try during labor and more. They even had wonderful guest speakers come and we also got some amazing tools that we got to take home with us. This Advanced Doula Training truly changed me for the better and I have seen a serious difference in my company and have been able to watch it grow. I have 9 clients booked over the next few months!
- September 1 – A Doula’s Role
- September 08 – Doula and Client
- September 15 – Prenatal #1
- September 22 – Prenatal #2
- September 29 – At the Birth Place
- October 06 – High Risk and Complications
- October 13 – As A Business
- October 20 – Breastfeeding
- October 27 – Recognize and Support a Survivor
- November 03 – Birth Stories
- November 10 – Tricks of the Trade– and partners
- November 17 – Methods and Closing